Sunday, November 27, 2011

Peek.

I'm peeking out from under my rock.

Wow. Things have changed.

I'll be honest with you, I'm totally burnt out and kind of feel like a completely different person than who I was only six months ago.

Did I tell you I have a job? Like, a full-time, I'm-now-scared-about-identity-theft-because-I-actually-make-money kind of job?

I am a high school English teacher. I corrupt young minds, whole groups at a time. It's kind of fantastic, really.

Also, because I didn't think I'd be working, I had petitioned to take extra classes in my Master's program.

So right now...a few weeks before the end of the semester...let me just say, I just spent two straight days, lying on mountains of homework and papers to grade, rolling all over my in-laws' pull-out couch because I'm trying to stay out of the way. I could use a shower and it's a good thing they're feeding me. (My MIL is an educator, so she totally gets it.)

Also? Planning a big wedding bash, to take place during Christmastime, as basically a part  two to our wedding since we didn't do the whole big family celebration the first time around.

I look in the mirror now and every time, without fail, I think about Botox. Normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment