Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday. EXACTLY.

It's Black Friday, a post-holiday holiday I think is just nuts. God bless all you crazies trying to get some good deals at Target.

On a personal note, a day called "Black Friday" is basically summing up my life during the past two weeks. It's been overwhelming.

Last post I had was probably the last day that made any sense. I did go to Manhattan, and seeing my friend was wonderful and I love the heck out of her. However, my husband was pretty concerned about the whole thing, especially since I guess my facebook messages were not reaching him and he was unaware of the whole thing until he tried to call the house and was told I was in New York for the weekend. Eek, that did not go over so well. After we touched base he was fine and really supportive, so that was good.

On the road home, my frickin' eye was killing me. Turns out I got myself a mad case of pink eye, so I was out of work for two days until my doctor cleared me. There's a bug going around as well, so that was another slice of awesomeness.

Also, my OBGYN called. She always says, "No news is good news," so of course, this was not good news. She told me I have "abnormal cells" and they scheduled a biopsy to be done.

Which, by the way, hurt like a %#^$%#^&.

Anyone who knows me well knows that my #1 fear is cancer. I'm terrified of it. To top it off, two of the closest people to me had to remove female body parts after they were told they had "abnormal cells". It's like, my husband will have left under one set of circumstances and might come back to a wife who may not be able to carry babies. That would really, REALLY suck.

The same week I was scheduled for the biopsy, we got a call from my aunt telling us that we needed to get to the nursing home. My grandmother fell extremely ill on Wednesday, and on Thursday, I sat with her while she passed away.

Since last week it's been wakes, funerals, biopsies, and relationship meltdowns, and Thanksgiving.

Oh, and Black Friday.



2 comments:

  1. That is one hell of a rough week, girl. I am sorry about your grandmother. My thoughts are with your family. I am glad to hear your trip went well, and the relationship crap you experienced turned out well.

    As for your biopsy, I hope everything turns out fine. Your fear of cancer is, well..a huge fear with you, and I am sure everything will turn out fine. I've been there three times, and I know it is scary. I am sure you will be fine. As for babies, girl, half of my cervix is gone and look at that thing that walks around, my mini me.

    Besides, there is no way the forces that be would prevent any future adorable red-headed babies being born. for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing. I am so sorry about your week. Lots of loves for you!


    On a lighter note, you just made my life. textsfromlastnight. Yes please!

    ReplyDelete