Monday, July 11, 2011

Creepy as hell, and right next door.

For the most part, I really like living in our apartment complex.

It's conveniently located, has two pools, big laundry rooms, and the complex manager has yet to hit us up for another pet deposit even though we ran into her at the dog park with two dogs in tow. Turns out she's a trainer, and she's not really supposed to have a job outside of the management gig so I think we're in the clear. Sweet!

Most of my neighbors are really friendly and pretty much all dog people, so a lot of us will chat while our dogs play. I think this must be what parents do by the side of jungle gyms.

There are some issues, obviously. I mean, I am pretty sure one of the guys downstairs is dealing drugs. I know I should be more worried about that, but he's always very nice and respectful towards me. Maybe I'm just jaded from living in Cambridge, MA in the shadiest complex you've ever seen, where I literally had to politely ask homeless people sitting on our porch if I could just squeak by to get to the front door.

So it's not really the drug dealing that creeps me out. It's this one elderly gent I often see. When I first met him I felt really bad- he's living alone, in his 60's maybe, and he's had several strokes and a lot of medical issues. He always made a point to come over and talk when he saw me around. Then he started making comments about my looks. I laughed them off, thinking he's just trying to be nice. And then he got into super-weird territory.

He always asked me when J and I are going to have kids. Which is fine. Then he told me he had a dream.

A dream where J and I couldn't get pregnant. A dream where he then "offered his seed".

Ick, blech, yuck, so f*cking disgusting, skin crawl.

WHAT THE HECK DO YOU SAY TO THAT?

I ran away.

Icchhh, gives me the creeps.


1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

    I am sorry, that is the best thing I have heard all day.

    ReplyDelete